About Circles of Safety
Stop It Now! has over 25 years of experience and leadership in building awareness, knowledge, confidence and comfort so that adults in all settings are able to speak up, take action and prevent child sexual abuse. Core to the Stop It Now! holistic approach to prevention is conversation — direct communication about sexual victimization of children and how to prevent or stop it.
Stop It Now! provides training and technical assistance programming to educate and support all adults to provide safe and healthy environments for children. Based on violence prevention and bystander engagement research, public health and adult education models, our Training and Technical Assistance program disseminates lessons learned from our community capacity building activities and from our Helpline’s unique window to vulnerable environments and warning signs in settings from around the globe. Learn more about the evidence base for our work. Click here to download our Circles of Safety Brochure.
- Build capacity and embed effective prevention policies, practices, and programming in organizations serving and impacting children and youth, thereby reducing the incidence of child sexual abuse.
- Create and share educational resources and tools that are practical, easy to implement and incorporate both best practices and evidenced based strategies to prepare and support adults to be active agents in children’s safety planning.
- Address barriers and misconceptions that may get in the way for both individuals and communities to think and act protectively and preventively.
Our professional services
Circles of Safety®
Circles of Safety (COS) trainings are most appropriate for youth-serving environments, and for any audience of adults in caregiving and/or protective roles. From webinars to community workshops to comprehensive multi-day organizational trainings (including TOT programming), Stop It Now! provides a skill-based, confidence raising and action planning educational experience.
Circles of Safety is highly customizable and can serve as a foundation for ongoing prevention planning and activities in any setting. While our messaging and tools remain constant, we know that individuals and groups bring a variety of experiences and perspectives to the work of prevention. We aim to provide a training experience that is respectful of the needs and concerns of any community, be it professional or personal.
Circles of Safety combines education with support, information with empowerment, and action steps with confidence building in personalized training platforms to change the way individuals and groups understand their role in prevention. Through interactive presentations that combine reflective and team building activities, with skill development and guided action planning, individuals are able to apply what they've learned both immediately and in long term, vision-oriented prevention programming.
Now! knows that adults need to be accountable for keeping children safe — adults are the ones who can make changes in environments to make them safer. Circles of Safety trainings are appropriate for:
- Professional early childhood education and care providers
- Foster parent, residential, and in-home support professionals
- Treatment providers
- Community safety and parenting educators
- Youth programs and camps
- Any group of adults interested in learning what they can do to keep children safe from sexual harm
Learn more about Circles of Safety for Youth-Serving Organizations
Learn more about Circles of Safety Online
Learn more about Circles of Safety for Higher Education
Click here to complete an initial training interest form
Technical Assistance and Helpline Development Support
Our Technical Assistance program disseminates lessons learned from our experience creating environments that keep children safe from sexual harm. Our goal is to build capacity and embed effective prevention policies, practices, and programming in organizations serving and impacting youth, thereby reducing the incidence of child sexual abuse. Click here for more information.