Training for System Change: Sample Menu
All Circles of Safety trainings are adaptable for any youth-serving program. It is vital to understand the personal environment of the organization. Every training includes planning and customization through use of leadership meetings, focus groups, and program policy and practice reviews. This is a highly hands-on and personalized training experience. Contact us at training [at] stopitnow.org. for pricing and more information.
Circles of Safety: Awareness to Action (8 hour/full day training) This one day training can be given alone or as a prerequisite for Circles of Safety for Youth-Serving Program Leadership and for a TOT series, providing programs with the skills and tools to facilitate two ongoing community workshops on sexual abuse prevention skills and planning. Circles of Safety: Awareness to Action enhances participants’ awareness of sexual abuse as well as builds the confidence and comfort level to better address children’s sexual safety in programs and organizations.
• Define the scope and impact of sex abuse
• Reflect on professional educators' and caregivers' role in prevention
• Describe key steps of prevention
• Understand safety planning as a prevention tool
• Enhance understanding of healthy sexuality information and support as a prevention tool
• Learn strategies to respond to early signs of sexual problem behaviors and abuse
• Develop courage, comfort and communication tools to talk about sexuality
Circles of Safety: Creating a Culture of Prevention for Youth-Serving Organizations (8 hour/full day training) Creating a Culture of Prevention is recommended for those in leadership and program development positions in programs providing professional care for youth. With Circles of Safety: Awareness to Action as a prerequisite, this training progresses an organization from awareness and understanding of basic sexual abuse prevention tools and strategies to initiating organizational change to one of a culture of prevention. Participants will identify needs in their programs for strengthening and will leave with a basic action plan to enhance safety planning in their program.
• Begin the shift to a culture of prevention
• Increase ability to use information to create safer conditions for children.
• Identify tools to help assess and plan
• Increase ability to enact and sustain prevention policies and practices.
• Identify opportunities for action
Circles of Safety: Train the Trainer (8 hour/full day training) Offers community and youth-serving organizations the training and tools they need to present two prevention training modules, Circles of Safety: Speaking Up to Keep Children Safe and Circles of Safety: Recognizing and Responding to Children’s Sexual Behaviors to their professional community. Circles of Safety: Awareness to Action is a prerequisite. Participating organizations will receive two power point curriculums, along with trainer handbooks and presentation materials to offer two modules, adapted into 2 hour presentations and become certified for 3 years to train. Organization will be allowed use of the brand name, “Stop It Now!” when offering these modules.
Optional Add-ons and Additional Services
• Online adaptation of training modules
• Consulting and technical assistance to review, plan and integrate prevention planning
• Follow up educational and supportive booster session(s)
• Branded materials
• Expanded evaluation
• Expert consultation and review: materials, programming, curriculums
• Community and audience specific abridged workshops